- SportsGrid's Week 16 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Painful
- Merry Christmas From The Lovely Ladies Of The NHL, NBA, And NFL
- The SportsGrid 'Off The Grid' Podcast: Christmas Spectacular
- You've Got To Watch This Post-Game Rant For The Ages By SIU Coach Barry Hinson
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
The Daily Yam: Taj Gibson Is Driving To The Hoop And GOOD LORD WHAT HAS HE DONE?
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you the top play from the night before, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, in a game lacking offensive punch, Taj Gibson destroyed the hoop, and Kris Humphries too.
Your Daily Yam
First, a bit of recognition for Western civilization’s punching bag, Kris Humphries: He tried. Most people would jump out of the way. But, after a moment’s hesitation — a moment that is clear when watching the replay — he attempted to get in the way of this dunk. It didn’t work out.
The live version of this dunk is the best. The slow motion replays don’t have the same oomph.
The Internet equivalent of my reaction to this yam would be to mash the keyboard for 15 seconds. I’ll spare you.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Bulls ended up winning that game 79-76 (ugh) to go up 2-1, while the Grizzlies finally broke through against the Clippers thanks to a big time performance by Zach Randolph; I’m not even going to discuss Heat-Bucks, you know what happened there; the first round of the NFL Draft happened, with Eric Fisher going first overall; the Orioles beat the A’s 10-2, the Diamondbacks dropped the Rockies 3-2, and the Nationals combined to throw a one hitter against the Reds, winning 8-1.
What’s On Tap Today
More NFL Draft beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET; the first pro basketball game in Boston since the bombing as the Knicks try to take firm control of the series at 8 p.m. ET, Spurs-Lakers at 10:30 p.m. ET, Nuggets-Warriors at 10:30 p.m. ET as well.
It’s Friday. Get through today and it’s all downhill (uphill?) from there.
- Have The 49ers Been Validated?
- Urijah Faber Excited for 2014 Title Shot
- Leo Santa Cruz Outpoints Cesar Seda to Retain Title
- Photos Of Stephanie McMahon's Bikini Workout