- Hall Of Famer On Manziel: 'You're Not Johnny Football. You're Johnny Rookie Bitch'
- Ugly NHL-Themed Xmas Sweaters (An Idea We Thought Of First) Are Here
- MLB Trade Rumors, Injury Updates, Trends And News
- Rob Ford On A Teeter Totter Is The Reason The Internet Exists
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Daily Yam: Will This Go Down As The Easiest Buzzer-Beater Of All-Time?
Welcome to The Daily Yam, bringing you Yesterday’s Awesome Moment, anything else you might have missed, and what to look forward to today. It’s your one-stop shop when you skipped last night’s action, or have forgotten what day it is. Last night, NBA MVP LeBron James was given an open lane with 2.2 seconds left in overtime, so he took it.
Your Daily Yam.
Here’s something you’ve never heard anyone say: “LeBron James is a great player, but he just can’t make layups.” That’s because the layup is the easiest shot in the game of basketball. So, as many people have noted since last night’s game-winner, it’s perplexing that James was able to win Game 1 for the Heat so easily.
The Pacers were up by one after Paul George converted three free throws. Then this happened:
A lot of things went wrong here for the Pacers. George, a stout defender, made a critical defensive error and overplayed big time. Roy Hibbert wasn’t in the game. They let LeBron James (who had a triple-double with 30, 10 and 10, by the way) beat them in the end rather than anyone else on the roster. But it takes a team — coaches and players — to lose, and the end result is that the Pacers lost. End of story. Game 2 is Friday.
What Else Happened Last Night?
The Pens piled it on the Sens in the third period to take Game 4 by the score of 7-3; Orioles over Yankees 6-3; Tigers over Indians 11-7; Nats over Giants 2-1 in 10 innings.
What’s On Tap Today?
No NBA; Bruins-Rangers at 7 p.m. ET; Hawks-Wings at 8 p.m. ET; Sharks-Kings at 10:30 p.m. ET.
It’s Thursday. Stay hydrated.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts