- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Dallas Mavericks Are Bringing “Omar The Barber” To Their Next Game In Anticipation Of Reaching .500
You might have noticed that some Dallas Mavericks have been growing out their beards this season. Dirk Nowitzki has devolved from clean shaven rockstar to scraggly caveman because of it. The entire thing was supposed to be a team-building exercise, something to galvanize a 21-28 team slowly slipping into the depths of a lost season. Not until they climbed back to .500 would they shave.
And it has worked, sort of. Dallas is only one game behind the 8th place Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference playoff chase, sitting at 35-36 and 14-8 since the beard pact.
So, this, according to ESPN:
“Omar the barber is coming to Thursday night’s home game against the Indiana Pacers.
‘Man, everyone is going to have their clippers in their locker Thursday and hopefully you guys can watch us shave them off,’ said Mayo, who said he doesn’t know his barber’s last name. ‘The barber will be here. We’re going to leave him tickets and give ourselves a chance to shave them off.
‘I want to make sure to do it right. I don’t want to leave no patches.’”
A bit presumptive, no? Indiana is a really good team – better than Dallas, anyway. No need to expose yourself to the pain of disappointment.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World