- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- The 'Eli Manning Dislikes' Twitter Meme Is A Glorious Thing
- The Yankees Genius Strategy For Success: Get As Old As Possible
- Video Evidence Charles Barkley Is The Best American In America
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The New York Knicks Have Decided To Stop Their Ad Campaign Bashing New Yorkers
The New York Knicks have started the season 3-0, and the excitement surrounding the team is at its highest peak since, well, a while. Still, Knicks management wants to inundate New York City with advertising for the team, drumming up interesting a bringing in even more dollars. Except their latest ad campaign has pissed off more than a few people.
First, three of the ads that have people up in arms:
“‘It’s Friday night. You can either go out and attempt to pick up sixes and sevens or stay home and watch Kidd dish out dimes.”‘
‘It’s Friday night. You can either watch East Village poets do battle or see real artists slam.’
‘It’s Friday night. You can either see a Broadway harness malfunctioning or you can watch real men fly.’”
The Knicks really hit the offensive trifecta with these snazzy one-liners. Knock broadway shows, make fun of poetry and call women ugly.
The resulting backlash has been so strong, however, that MSG finally ceded ground and will be taking down the signs:
“On Tuesday, the company said it would take down all posters associated with its recent advertising campaign, which generated buzz but also was considered controversial.”
The Knicks really don’t need any type of ad campaign to draw fans to MSG or their television sets; the team is popular in good times and in bad. So for them to stir the pot with such reckless abandon is a strange move.
We also take issue with the statement “watch real men fly.” The Knicks are really, really old. They don’t move too well.
- Filed Under:
- New York Knicks
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?
- Mikey Garcia Could Face Burgos in First Defense?