- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
The Nuggets Have Been A Wreck Ever Since Pizza And Nachos Were Banned From The Locker Room
The Nuggets suck right now. They’re 1-9 in their past 10 games — the Nets are a mere 3-7, and the Bucks 2-8, in their respective last 10 games — and are publicly coming apart at the seams.
You know what also happened 10 games ago? Coach Brian Shaw banned pizza and nachos from the locker room, hoping it would help the Nuggets start games faster (via The Denver Post):
Shaw has searched for answers to their offensive woes in the first quarters of games. Last week, he walked through the locker room, saw players eating pizza and nachos and believed the poor diet to be the cause. So he picked up all the junk food and threw it in the trash.
The Nuggets had fresh salads with chicken breast and cold cut sandwiches before Monday’s game. The sluggish result was the same.
“We’ll keep searching and seeking until we find (it),” Shaw said.
They haven’t started faster, and they’ve finished even worse. Comparatively, in the 10 games before the junk food ban, the Nuggets were 8-2.
Those “answers” that Shaw alluded to? One of the proposed solutions was to bench point guard Andre Miller, who, after experiencing the first “Did Not Play — Coach’s Decision” of his career, decided to have a meltdown on the bench during Denver’s loss to the Sixers yesterday:
Miller yelled about the disrespect he felt he was being shown by sitting. And if he was being disrespected, he’d do the same to the Nuggets’ first-year head coach.
“There’s a time and place for everything,” Shaw said. “In the middle of the arena in front of everyone … I just tried to calm it down.”
Asked if Miller understood the reasons for his one-game seat on the bench, Shaw said, “You’ll have to ask him.”
But by that time, Miller had already left.
Let’s take a second to remember that season previews of the Nuggets mostly called for them to miss the playoffs. We barely slotted them in as the 8th seed. So expectations were way down for Denver this year, and periods of struggle have to be expected. But the team’s most experienced player freaking out at each other on the bench, at home? This is the opposite of Waffle Ball, which makes it clear that junk food and sports just go together.
Photo via Getty
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Compilation of TKO's, Injuries and Submissions of MMA
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee