- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Colin Cowherd Calls Out ESPN Producers For Pushing Baseball On Us
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- Floyd Mayweather Is Selling His Miami Oceanfront Condo For $2.6 Million
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Suns Traded Marcin Gortat Right Before ‘Polish Heritage Night’, Will Now Give Out Free Tickets To Irked Fans
As a loyal “Pretty Much Screwed” SportsGrid NBA previews reader, you no doubt know that the Phoenix Suns traded Marcin Gortat recently. Hey, the NBA is a business. But there’s a problem with trading a player nicknamed “The Polish Hammer” less than a week before your home opener, which is also your “Polish Heritage Night”.
Yep. Gortat was dealt to the Washington Wizards, and this is how awkward that deal suddenly became:
The Suns planned to have Polish heritage night for their home opener on Wednesday and Gortat had flown in 25 people from his native country – including soldiers stationed in Afghanistan, the Polish minister of sport, the Polish ambassador and children from his basketball camp — for what was expected to be a fun week in Phoenix. But while they were arriving in Arizona, Gortat was catching a flight to start his new life in Washington.
“They all was sitting there at a dinner and chatting about everything. I was sitting by myself in a hotel” in Washington, Gortat said, shaking his head. “So the last 24 hours have been hell.”
Too add to the mess, many fans had purchased discounted tickets to the opener through the Polish American Congress site, before Gortat was traded. So to attempt to make amends, the Suns will give out free tickets to those folks for their Jan. 24 game against Gortat and the Wizards.
Let’s hope Gortat isn’t traded before then. Even the Suns don’t have unlimited free tickets.
Big ups to Ball Don’t Lie.
- Filed Under:
- Marcin Gortat
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts