- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Today In Big White Guy News: Zydrunas Ilgauskas Reportedly Making Comeback; Joel Przybilla Retires
If you like to hear about what big white guys are up to, this is the post for you.
First, for an unconfirmed report on retired Cavaliers great — as “great” as can be, anyway — Zydrunas Ilgauskas: Tony Rizzo claims that Big Z has been working out in an effort to re-join LeBron James in Cleveland and chase a ring.
The 39-year-old big man hasn’t played in the NBA since 2010, and even had his jersey retired last year (a ceremony that LeBron, who considers Big Z an all-time favorite teammate, attended despite scrutiny). But if he can contribute 15 minutes a night, he might finally be able to get the title he was denied over 14 seasons in Cleveland and one in Miami.
Or, this could be really, really sad, as we watch an over-the-hill backup lug his butt up and down the court for like 18 games until he rides the pine for the duration of the playoffs. I’ll give it about a 50-50 chance either way.
Again, this is an unconfirmed report from a sports talk radio guy in Cleveland, so it’s not a Woj-bomb or anything of the sort. But this wouldn’t be shocking news, so put us down for “cautiously optimistic.”
Taking Big Z’s place on the retired list of big white guys is a dude with arguably the best nickname in sports history: Joel “The Vanilla Gorilla” Pryzbilla has officially retired.
Ex-Gopher Joel Przybilla from Monticello retires after making nearly $45 million over 15 seasons in NBA, residing near Milwaukee.
— Charley Walters (@Charley_Walters) August 24, 2014
The man also known as “Ghostface” last played for the Bucks in 2012-13. You will be missed, Vanilla Gorilla.
Photo via Getty
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Catcher Struck by Jose Offerman Speaks Out After Settlement
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy