- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Top 10 Finalists For Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Jersey Design Contest
Mark Cuban is an innovator. He’s changed basketball by being a hands-on GM. He changed the internet by selling a website with annual revenue under $15M in 1998, for $5.9B in 1999 to Yahoo!. Now he’s changed the uniform game, by crowdsourcing the design responsibilities to good people over at CrowdSpring.com. Free of charge (as in, he’s not going to pay you if you win).
Here’s how he put it:
[Via BlogMaverick.com] Who will own your design ? The minute you post it, the Mavs will. If you think its horrible that the Mavs own your design. Do not post. If you think its cool that the Mavs could possibly use your design and you will have eternal bragging rights , then post away. If we really like your design and you , I may even throw in some tickets. If we don’t use your design, it will still be here on this site for now and ever more for you to glance longingly at. If your design is close , if not identical to other designs and we pick one of the other designs, for whatever reason, then thats just the way it goes.
If we don’t choose any of the designs, including yours, then we don’t choose any of the designs. That is life in the big city. Move on.
Cold. Damn. With that being said, here are the 10 finalists, in order from least to most popular (based on Facebook voting at the time of this post). What do you think? Is Cuban being a dick? Which jersey do you like? Did you design one? Let us know…
Photos via Mavs.com
- Roach Doesn't Want Pacquiao To Fight Provodnikov
- Devon Alexander Ripped and Ready For Showtime
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- Brian Wilson Refuses to Shave Beard, Yankees Move On