- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Just Two NBA Teams Trading Emphatically Blocked Dunk Attempts
This sequence in which Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Tristan Thompson and Charlotte Bobcats center Byron Mullens trade blocked dunks (UPDATE: or is it Thompson who attempts the dunk on the other end? The video’s title suggests as much, but a commenter says no, and upon further review, we can see why) is almost comical. This video has all the perfect elements, from Mullens almost giving up on the play after getting blocked to the “Get that weak stuff out of here!” call by the commentator.
Mullens had a brief moment, after getting blocked, where he looked to the ref, hoping he’d get the bail out foul call, before trotting down the court almost as if he was out of the play. The extra emphasis Thompson put on his dunk attempt, though, allowed Mullens an extra second to get to the basket and make the block. See, kids, never give up on a play!
Honestly, the only thing that could have made this sequence any better would have been if Mullens had yelled, “Don’t call me B.J.!” as he blocked Thompson. There’s some sort of ‘blue’ joke in there, but I’m not going to make it.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy