- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- This Is Totally Your Year: An Overly Optimistic Preview Of The 2014-15 NFL Season
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Just Two NBA Teams Trading Emphatically Blocked Dunk Attempts
This sequence in which Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Tristan Thompson and Charlotte Bobcats center Byron Mullens trade blocked dunks (UPDATE: or is it Thompson who attempts the dunk on the other end? The video’s title suggests as much, but a commenter says no, and upon further review, we can see why) is almost comical. This video has all the perfect elements, from Mullens almost giving up on the play after getting blocked to the “Get that weak stuff out of here!” call by the commentator.
Mullens had a brief moment, after getting blocked, where he looked to the ref, hoping he’d get the bail out foul call, before trotting down the court almost as if he was out of the play. The extra emphasis Thompson put on his dunk attempt, though, allowed Mullens an extra second to get to the basket and make the block. See, kids, never give up on a play!
Honestly, the only thing that could have made this sequence any better would have been if Mullens had yelled, “Don’t call me B.J.!” as he blocked Thompson. There’s some sort of ‘blue’ joke in there, but I’m not going to make it.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar