- OK, Who Wants To Buy Ty Cobb's Lake Tahoe Fishing Retreat For $6.5 Million?
- Young Swimmer's Selfless Gesture To Fallen Rival Will Make Your Day, Week, Year
- This Is Why The SEC Is So Good At Football: Child Abuse
- Blackhawks Ice Crew Girl Backs It Up Into Net Cam
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Two Memphis Grizzlies Preseason Tickets Are Worth Exactly One Firearm
Memphis is a notoriously dangerous city. You may remember that two years ago, former Grizzlies center Lorenzen Wright was brutally murdered via multiple gunshots. Well the Memphis Grizzlies organization has decided to do something about this ever-increasing violence.
In a current promotion involving ticket giveaways, the Grizzlies have promised two free preseason tickets to anyone who hands in a firearm at Bloomfield Baptist Church on Saturday.
“During a Saturday event at Bloomfield Baptist Church, the city and its partners in the effort will hand over a $50 Mapco gas card for every gun a person turns in, up to a limit of three guns, or $150 in free gas, per person. Everyone who turns in a gun will also get two free tickets to a pre-season Memphis Grizzlies game. The event will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The guns will be received on a ‘no questions asked’ basis and later destroyed, though members of the Memphis Police Department’s Firearms Training Unit will be present.”
See? The NBA does care, just not that much. Nobody’s clamoring to see some end-of-the-benchers mucking it up in October. Gotta throw in the regular season if you want some real turnout. In all seriousness though, we’re glad that this is happening. The NBA, and professional sports as a whole, have some serious clout, and it’s about time that teams got creative to throw their weight around instead of writing a few charity checks each year.
- How Thankful Are These 10 Fantasy Baseball Players For Their New Homes?
- What is Lane Kiffin Doing in Tuscaloosa?
- The Truth behind Khloe Kardashian And Matt Kemp
- Top 10 NHL Draft Busts of the Last Decade