- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Honey Badger Don’t Care That He Likely Isn’t A First-Round Pick. His NFL Draft After-Party Invitations Claim He Already Is One. (UPDATE)
Tyrann Mathieu is going to be selected in the 2013 NFL Draft. He’s working on “recovering” from marijuana use, which basically means he has to convince teams he won’t get arrested or suspended in the NFL. He by no means appears to be a bad guy, but these “character concerns” will plague him, as will his diminutive size. Read this recent ESPN story on his road back; it’s sad, but encouraging.
But whether or not he’s “back” or “recovered” or whatever bullshit word you’d like to use for a college student who really liked smoking weed, he is still a cocky, electric athlete that was nicknamed the Honey Badger (though he prefers Tyrannosaurus Rex or Mr. Chaos). This means that he don’t care that every mock draft I’ve ever seen has him being selected outside of the first round. He don’t care so much that he’s having an after-party for the draft, and on the invitation, it says that he’s a first round pick. This makes no sense, but it is on Instagram, and it is funny.
Mock drafts aren’t especially accurate, so it’s possible Honey Badger do care, and Honey Badger do have some inside info on Honey Badger’s eventual draft position. But more likely, Tyrannosaurus Rex just bein’ cocky and gonna get his hopes crushed. We hope you still enjoy your party, Tyrann, and we hope you “get better” and succeed.
UPDATE: Honey Badger cares that people have been saying this was his idea. He says he didn’t approve it.
I didn’t say i was going 1st round.. I Did not approve that part of the flyer…
— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) April 24, 2013
- Filed Under:
- tyrann mathieu
- KO of the Week: Palomino v Macaco
- Tom Brady Admits Weird Relationship Behavior
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters