- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Here's The Most Joyous Field Invasion You're Ever Likely To See (Video)
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- UPDATE: Ken Griffey Jr. Issues Apology After Awkward SportsCenter Interview
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
What Happened Last Night: A Double OT Thriller In Brooklyn And The Lakers Finally Win
Another basketball-heavy night, and one sadly devoid of any interesting matchups. Hey, I love the NBA more than anyone, but Milwaukee-Cleveland? Sacramento-Oklahoma City? Utah-Phoenix? Half of my fantasy team is in those games and I still don’t care. Luckily, there were two games of note for their own reasons last night: Brooklyn-Detroit and Los Angeles (Lakers)-Washington.
Nets down Pistons in double overtime thanks to Joe Johnson buzzer beater
The Pistons are 7-18 this season, but they gave Brooklyn everything they could handle last night, forcing two overtimes before Joe Johnson rescued the Nets with a step-back jumper at the buzzer to hand Detroit a 107-105 loss.
Johnson led Brooklyn with 28 points and Gerald Wallace had 25 points and 10 rebounds. The Pistons were led by Brandon Knight with 22 points.
There’s not much else to say about a game pitting an uninteresting team (Brooklyn) against a horrible one (Detroit), so let’s get to the good stuff: that game-winning shot, in all of its Phantom camera glory.
Lakers get back on track with a win against Washington
Kobe had 30 (on 29 shots) and Jodi Meeks added 24 off the bench to lead the Lakers to a 102-96 victory over the Washington Wizards. Washington was led by Cartier Martin with 21 points and 8 rebounds.
The win ends a four-game losing streak for the Lakers and is just their second in eight games. It was also the fourth straight game Kobe Bryant scored 30 or more points as LA finally was able to use a scoring outburst from Bryant to win a game.
As for the Wizards, they are now 3-17. They don’t deserve any more comment than that.
All statistics via ESPN
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!