- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
What Happened Last Night: A Double OT Thriller In Brooklyn And The Lakers Finally Win
Another basketball-heavy night, and one sadly devoid of any interesting matchups. Hey, I love the NBA more than anyone, but Milwaukee-Cleveland? Sacramento-Oklahoma City? Utah-Phoenix? Half of my fantasy team is in those games and I still don’t care. Luckily, there were two games of note for their own reasons last night: Brooklyn-Detroit and Los Angeles (Lakers)-Washington.
Nets down Pistons in double overtime thanks to Joe Johnson buzzer beater
The Pistons are 7-18 this season, but they gave Brooklyn everything they could handle last night, forcing two overtimes before Joe Johnson rescued the Nets with a step-back jumper at the buzzer to hand Detroit a 107-105 loss.
Johnson led Brooklyn with 28 points and Gerald Wallace had 25 points and 10 rebounds. The Pistons were led by Brandon Knight with 22 points.
There’s not much else to say about a game pitting an uninteresting team (Brooklyn) against a horrible one (Detroit), so let’s get to the good stuff: that game-winning shot, in all of its Phantom camera glory.
Lakers get back on track with a win against Washington
Kobe had 30 (on 29 shots) and Jodi Meeks added 24 off the bench to lead the Lakers to a 102-96 victory over the Washington Wizards. Washington was led by Cartier Martin with 21 points and 8 rebounds.
The win ends a four-game losing streak for the Lakers and is just their second in eight games. It was also the fourth straight game Kobe Bryant scored 30 or more points as LA finally was able to use a scoring outburst from Bryant to win a game.
As for the Wizards, they are now 3-17. They don’t deserve any more comment than that.
All statistics via ESPN
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts