- Just Like A Kid Having Fun Out There: Bill Cowher Enjoys Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Zach Randolph Has A Crippling Phobia Of Cats, Terrified They Will (*Gasp*) Scratch Him
There is a long tradition of phobias in sports. Damian Lillard is afraid of statues. Eric Berry is terrified of horses. Rabbits and Andy Roddick just don’t mesh well. Now the torch has been passed to Zach Randolph, who told ESPN The Magazine’s Sam Alipour that he’s deeply toubled by a fear of cats.
“Naw, you’re right: You can’t be both a dog lover and a cat lover. I’ve got a crazy phobia about cats. For some reason, I’m always thinking they’re going to scratch me. If a cat walks up, I’m going, “Oh no, this dude about to scratch me — I know it!” Cats scare the hell out of me. I love animals, but I’m no cat lover. Guys usually aren’t.”
The technical term for Randolph’s fear of cats is ailurophobia. According to eHow (always reliable), “Historical figures and celebrities who suffered with ailurophobia were Julius Caesar, Napoleon Bonaparte and Adolf Hitler.” Not sure what that says about Randolph’s future country-conquering exploits, but he might want to get his household affairs in order before considering expansion.
- Filed Under:
- Zach Randolph
- Video: Alex Ariza on Freddie Roach Incident
- Amir Khan: 'Floyd Mayweather's The Boss'
- The Top 40 Up and Coming NBA Stars
- Robert Duran: Pacquiao Still Dangerous