- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
An Update On Kevin Ware (Don’t Worry, It’s Good News)
So as we’re sure you’ve heard (and seen, if you wanted to see it) by now, Louisville guard Kevin Ware suffered a terrible broken leg during the Cardinals’ Elite Eight matchup against Duke yesterday. Louisville, of course, regrouped to blow out the Blue Devils and reach the Final Four, but understandably, the minds of many focused instead on how well Ware is recovering. And the good news is that the answer to that question seems to be: as well as possible, given the circumstances. His surgery was successful, Ware should eventually be able to resume playing, and as far as catastrophic injuries go, it could be worse:
Talking w @wallyball about Ware’s injury. As bad as it was, easier to fix & heal broken bones than destroyed knee. Let’s hope for the best.
— Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) March 31, 2013
All the reports on how Ware’s doing from those who have seen him are positive. Rick Pitino described him as being “in great spirits,” and said that as long as his surgically-repaired leg doesn’t get infected, he’ll be able to join the team at the Final Four. And in what might be the best part, he’s already moving around on crutches:
It’ll be a hard road back to the court, but that immediately-after-the-injury time is extremely important, and Ware’s first day, by all accounts, has resulted in as much progress as you could hope to see. Let’s hope he keeps progressing that way.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers