- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- College Basketball Top 25: So, We're Just Gonna Let Villanova Into The Top Three?
- The Fantasy Sports Network Has Launched, And You Can Watch It Live, Right Now
- Remember When Dennis Rodman Was Insanely Good At Rebounding Rather Than Just Insane?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
April Fools? Jay Bilas Says VCU’s Run “Most Remarkable NCAA Tournament Run” In History
ESPN analyst Jay Bilas appeared on MSNBC’s Morning Joe on Friday and, of course, was asked about his comments regarding Final Four participant VCU.
As you’ll recall, Bilas called VCU’s selection “indefensible” on Selection Sunday. And while Bilas has tipped his cap to the Rams multiple times during their impressive run, he’s never backed off his orignal argument: that, based on their regular season resume, VCU didn’t deserve to make the bracket.
Today on MSNBC, Bilas, once again, defended his argument (this time in front of a cable news audience). But he also threw VCU a bone.
“Frankly, [their run] has been the most remarkable NCAA tournament run in the tournament’s history,” Bilas said.
It was Bilas’ most definitive and explicit endorsement of VCU since his original comments. But will it finally appease all those angry VCU fans?
Here was a portion of his interview, courtesy of MSNBC:
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success