- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Jacob deGrom Ties MLB Record With 8 Straight Ks To Open Game
- Are We Hesitant To Suspend NFL Players Because Of Fantasy Football?
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Arizona Postpones Basketball Game After Congresswoman’s Shooting
The shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) and several others rocked the nation today, nowhere more so than in Arizona, the state Giffords represents – as well as the state where the shooting took place. As such, normal life in the state stops for a time, including University of Arizona basketball, which postponed its scheduled game against Stanford to tomorrow at 2:30.
Certainly the best news to come out of this tragic episode is that Giffords remains alive, while the worst is that several others who were also shot later died. Either way, as necessary as it is to move on with our lives and not let acts of the severely deranged weaken the country, postponing this game was the right move. All of our best to Congresswoman Gifford, and we hope fervently she can make a recovery.
For an account of working for Gifford written by one of her former campaign interns, visit here.
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row