- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Two People Shot, One Stabbed In San Francisco World Series 'Celebration'
- Are The Giants Officially A Dynasty? Opinions Vary, We Investigate
- Why Is Everyone Giving Gregg Popovich Shit?
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Allen Crabbe Gets Nut Shot As Cal Upsets UNLV
As a (6) seed last year, UNLV was upset by (11) Colorado St. in the 2nd round. When they found themselves drawing a five seed this year, I wouldn’t be so sure they were all that excited. Historically, the five doesn’t have much of an advantage, as they are generally a bigger school who’ve underperformed, while the twelve is a mid-major with the wind at their back. Although that isn’t the case in this years tourney, (12) Oregon already beat (5) Oklahoma State, and, SPOILER ALERT: the Running Rebels were “upset” by the Cal Golden Bears 65-61. If you want to sound like you called it, here are a few facts to throw around about these enigmatic games:
34%- Percentage of the time the (12) has advanced
38- Number of times the (5) has lost
2007- The last time all (5)s advanced past the 1st round (only time in last 12 years)
2012- (5) seeds went 2-2
2009- (5) seeds went 3-1
2013- (5) seeds are batting .1000
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts