- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Was CBS Unfairly Picking On The Crying Kansas Kid? Twitter Says Yes
If you watched even five minutes or so of the second half of the Stanford-Kansas game, you undoubtedly saw him: this little Kansas fan so distraught over his team’s imminent demise. CBS went to the crying kid multiple times, no doubt figuring that human interest crowd shots are where you find them, even if it involves a tiny, sobbing youngster.
But some figure this was out of bounds — even comparing the coverage to bullying. I think that one shot of the kid would have been fine — you attend to a televised event, you should maybe expect your kid maybe is going to be on TV. But more than one is overboard, and more than two is taking us to Brent Musburger-Katherine Webb levels.
It’s going to be an interesting week of school for this kid beginning on Monday. Rumor has it that he’s the Kansas Sports Information Director’s son, which makes it even sadder, for some reason. Poor kid.
Bill Self, on the other hand … I don’t really feel sorry for him. The kid’s probably out watching The Lego Movie right now and having a great time, while Self is crying.
What do you think? Did CBS take all of this too far?
Oh god they showed him crying again, this poor Kansas kid pic.twitter.com/Io0lVoNXFG
— Mikey (@fsmikey) March 23, 2014
CBS currently scrambling a camera to follow that crying kid into the parking lot.
— Michael Bruntz (@michaelbruntz) March 23, 2014
Have a heart, twitter. Leave the crying Kansas kid alone.
— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) March 23, 2014
CBS is so tacky for continuing to show that little boy. He’s crying his eyes out and yall pan the camera to him 3 times
— Kay (@CincyK) March 23, 2014
Ex-KU writer tells me the crying kid is Kansas Sports Information Director’s SON. Hope that dude goes out to CBS truck…
— LostLettermen.com (@LostLettermen) March 23, 2014
Here's a Kansas fan crying from 2012. pic.twitter.com/FVn3TTlaOB
— Brendan (@oneillb1) March 23, 2014
HTML5/GIF. Well CBS found the crying Wichita State fan. http://t.co/A3KNVAoScv
— MarcusD (@_MarcusD_) March 23, 2014
- Filed Under:
- kansas jayhawks
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts