- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Charles Barkley: “truTV Is Really The White BET”
Charles Barkley’s gotten a little more acquainted with truTV in recent weeks, since he’s serving as an NCAA Tournament studio analyst and truTV happens to be one of the networks showing games.
But the NCAA Tournament isn’t the only programming on the channel with which Barkley’s acquainted, and he recently decided he was ready to make an overall proclamation on the network’s programming strategy. We don’t, however, think truTV will feature Barkley’s comments on any of their marketing materials.
“truTV is really the white BET…truTV is White Entertainment Television. It’s some of the craziest stuff I’ve ever seen in my life.”
Barkley made particular mention of Lizard Lick Towing, which he called “the funniest thing in the world…you’re just laughing the whole time.” We have to say, though, Barkley’s not white, and he seems to enjoy truTV an awful lot.
And we’re not sure the numbers back Barkley up, either. According to Quantcast, the audience for truTV’s website (granted, this could be different from the network itself) is 72 percent white…a lower percentage of whites than their overall percentage of the U.S. population, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. (BET.com’s audience: 81 percent black.) That’s some serious (pseudo)science, right there. Audio of Barkley’s comments below.
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs