- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Dan Patrick Calls Out Rick Reilly, Colin Cowherd For “Piling On” Jimmer Fredette: “Blame Yourself, Blame Your Network”
ESPN.com Columnist Rick Reilly ripped BYU star Jimmer Fredette in an online piece last week, and said Fredette has “a really good chance to be your Provo area Isuzu dealer.” ESPN Radio host Colin Cowherd, meanwhile, said on his radio show on Friday that Fredette is “90% media creation.”
This did not sit well with Fox Sports Radio host and Sports Illustrated senior writer Dan Patrick.
Patrick called out Reilly and Cowherd this morning on his radio show, in a spirited monologue that took shots at his fellow media personalities, as well as ESPN as a whole.
On Reilly’s criticism that Fredette has “YMCA hops,” Patrick said:
“If you’re going to cut and paste the ‘white guy’ reference, at least be accurate. His vertical is 36. Ask anybody who’s played the game. You give me a 36-inch vertical, I’ll take my chances.”
On Cowherd’s “media creation” comments:
“Colin: 10% talent, 90% sensation? Look at your own network. You created that. Now you’ll take shots at him?”
Later, Patrick spoke further about his problems with Reilly’s column, and ESPN’s role in the Jimmer overcoverage. He also challenged Reilly to come on his show. Here’s video of (some of) Patrick’s comments, via Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic:
- Did Mayweather Avoid Fighting Amir Khan?
- How Amir Khan Will Get A Shot At Mayweather
- Floyd Mayweather Discusses Training With Young Fighters
- CM Punk Walks Out on WWE