- Here Are The Sports-Themed 'Simpsons' Episodes That Belong In The Hall Of Fame
- When Should An NBA Team Stop Rebuilding And Start Competing?
- Jim Harbaugh Is Trying To Find That Picture Of The Time He Peed His Pants
- Stephen A. Smith Takes The Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Dan Patrick Calls Out Rick Reilly, Colin Cowherd For “Piling On” Jimmer Fredette: “Blame Yourself, Blame Your Network”
ESPN.com Columnist Rick Reilly ripped BYU star Jimmer Fredette in an online piece last week, and said Fredette has “a really good chance to be your Provo area Isuzu dealer.” ESPN Radio host Colin Cowherd, meanwhile, said on his radio show on Friday that Fredette is “90% media creation.”
This did not sit well with Fox Sports Radio host and Sports Illustrated senior writer Dan Patrick.
Patrick called out Reilly and Cowherd this morning on his radio show, in a spirited monologue that took shots at his fellow media personalities, as well as ESPN as a whole.
On Reilly’s criticism that Fredette has “YMCA hops,” Patrick said:
“If you’re going to cut and paste the ‘white guy’ reference, at least be accurate. His vertical is 36. Ask anybody who’s played the game. You give me a 36-inch vertical, I’ll take my chances.”
On Cowherd’s “media creation” comments:
“Colin: 10% talent, 90% sensation? Look at your own network. You created that. Now you’ll take shots at him?”
Later, Patrick spoke further about his problems with Reilly’s column, and ESPN’s role in the Jimmer overcoverage. He also challenged Reilly to come on his show. Here’s video of (some of) Patrick’s comments, via Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts