- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Dan Patrick Calls Out Rick Reilly, Colin Cowherd For “Piling On” Jimmer Fredette: “Blame Yourself, Blame Your Network”
ESPN.com Columnist Rick Reilly ripped BYU star Jimmer Fredette in an online piece last week, and said Fredette has “a really good chance to be your Provo area Isuzu dealer.” ESPN Radio host Colin Cowherd, meanwhile, said on his radio show on Friday that Fredette is “90% media creation.”
This did not sit well with Fox Sports Radio host and Sports Illustrated senior writer Dan Patrick.
Patrick called out Reilly and Cowherd this morning on his radio show, in a spirited monologue that took shots at his fellow media personalities, as well as ESPN as a whole.
On Reilly’s criticism that Fredette has “YMCA hops,” Patrick said:
“If you’re going to cut and paste the ‘white guy’ reference, at least be accurate. His vertical is 36. Ask anybody who’s played the game. You give me a 36-inch vertical, I’ll take my chances.”
On Cowherd’s “media creation” comments:
“Colin: 10% talent, 90% sensation? Look at your own network. You created that. Now you’ll take shots at him?”
Later, Patrick spoke further about his problems with Reilly’s column, and ESPN’s role in the Jimmer overcoverage. He also challenged Reilly to come on his show. Here’s video of (some of) Patrick’s comments, via Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic:
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot