- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Awkward, Baby! An Increasingly Confused Dick Vitale Cannot Hear A Local News Anchor Shouting At Him
Dick Vitale was the unfortunate victim of a malfunctioning earpiece during a recent WGN interview in Chicago. Luckily, if we were to pick one ESPN college hoops analyst to be the unfortunate victim of a malfunctioning earpiece during a local news segment (and be forced to sit in confused silence as a live television camera is trained on him) it would be Dick Vitale. So this is a good thing.
Why is Dickie V perfect for this situation? Well, for one, he’s fun to watch as things decline into the very deep depths of local news awkwardness. The child-like wonder never leaves his eyes, even as he becomes panicked that he’s been on television this whole time.
And even as things get weirder, and he delivers Charlotte-related basketball anecdotes to a morning news team in Chicago, Dick Vitale is able to salvage some sort of hope out of a hopeless situation, because he is always prepared.
This is March, after all, and anything can happen.
Thanks to tipster Andrew.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story