- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Here's The Most Joyous Field Invasion You're Ever Likely To See (Video)
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- UPDATE: Ken Griffey Jr. Issues Apology After Awkward SportsCenter Interview
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Duke Just Landed Two Of The Top Four Basketball Players In The Nation For Next Year’s Class
Duke is good almost every year, because they have coach Mike Krzyzewski and a storied basketball program and they don’t mind if you one-and-done them because we all know the “student-athlete” concept is a big joke. They’ll (probably/definitely) lose Jabari Parker after this season, but no worries — they just nabbed the number one and number four overall recruits in the country for 2014.
Jahlil Okafor, the nation’s top prospect, is a 6’10” center from Chicago, IL, while Tyus Jones (the number four prospect, but number one point guard) is a 6’1” guard from Apple Valley, MN. They’re being called the best college combo package since Greg Oden and Mike Conley went to Ohio State together, but Okafor and Jones haven’t played with each other yet, as most big name high school talents normally do.
Meanwhile, the number three prospect, forward Cliff Alexander, is headed to Kansas, while number five Emmanuel Mudiay will attend Southern Methodist. Hey, cool, a great prospect that isn’t going to one of the five schools everyone always picks! Right on, Mudiay.
You can see the rest of the ESPN 100′s commitments here.
Photo via Getty
- Gallery: Canelo Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo Grand Arrivals
- The Top American Winter Olympians
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- Legacy Lost: Patriots Overmatched by Manning and the Denver Broncos