- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
What Happened Last Night: Duke Crushes North Carolina, Baylor Upsets Kansas, And Bernard Hopkins Is The Champ
March Madness is nearly upon us, so you know there was some good college basketball action last night to help get us ready for the rest of the month. Oh, and history was also made by Bernard Hopkins. No biggie.
Duke eviscerates North Carolina in North Carolina
Mason Plumlee had 23 points and 13 rebounds and Seth Curry added another 20 points as Duke dominated UNC Saturday night on their way to a 69-53 victory in Chapel Hill. James Michael McAdoo led the Tar Heels with 15 points in a losing effort. Duke scored the first 14 points of the game and led by 25 at the half. North Carolina would never get closer than nine in the blowout victory for the Blue Devils.
Unranked Baylor blows out no. 4 Kansas in huge upset
Led by an offensive attack that saw them shoot nearly 58% from the floor, Baylor rode the hot hands of Cory Jefferson and Pierre Jackson on their way to an 81-58 upset win over Kansas. Jefferson and Jackson, who each shot 11 for 13 from the floor, led the Bears with 25 and 28 points, respectively. Ben McLemore led Kansas with 23 points.
Bernard Hopkins becomes oldest boxer to win a major title
48-year-old Bernard Hopkins defeated 30-year-old Tavoris Cloud at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in a 12-round unanimous decision to win the IBF light heavyweight championship and become the oldest boxer to win a major title. Hopkins broke his own record he set on May 21, 2011, against Jean Pascal in winning the WBC light heavyweight title. Saturday’s match was Hopkins 19th title bout. The win improved his career record to 53-6-2 while handing Cloud his first career loss (19-1). When asked what he planned to do next, Hopkins replied, “I’m going to Junior’s (Restaurant and) I’m going to have cheesecake.”
All statistics via ESPN.com
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts