- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
And The Award For “Most Obscene Paragraph” In The New ESPN Book Goes To Bobby Knight
There’s a lot of sordid things in Those Guys Have All the Fun, the new ESPN tell-all that hits store shelves tomorrow. There’s the stuff about the office hallway screwing. There’s also the stuff about the poorly-aimed nightclub pissing. Oh, and there’s also the stuff about the cocaine-induced mail-room hooking.
But if it’s good old fashioned profanity you’re after, no portion of the book outdoes a quote from legendary former coach and current ESPN analyst Bobby Knight.
Here’s Knight, unedited, on what he thinks of fellow ESPNer Jeremy Schaap, who interviewed the just-fired Knight in 2000 (no, the interview did not go well).
“They gave me three people to choose from who would do that interview, and I picked Schaap because of his dad,” Knight said. “I didn’t even know the kid. I had Digger [Phelps] tell Schaap that there was a question that I’d like for him to ask, and he refused to ask it. He told Digger, ‘I can’t do that. I can’t ask something that he wants asked.’ I didn’t enjoy that interview at all. I thought the guy was a chickenshit little cocksucker. Forget that guy. I have no interest in talking about that. Jesus Christ, enough of this bullshit.”
And yes, I do believe we’ve discovered Bobby Knight’s favorite curse word.
[ESPN goes under the knife with new book] Sports Illustrated
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success