- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Four LIU Brooklyn Basketball Players Arrested For Third-Degree Assault
LIU Brooklyn’s basketball program suffered a big hit today after four players were suspended indefinitely from the team for their participation in an assault. The incident occured last night around 12:30 a.m. and involved four victims, two of whom were female.
Here’s more, via ESPN NY:
“Forward Julian Boyd, the reigning Northeast Conference Player of the Year, forward Jamal Olasewere, guard C.J. Garner and forward Troy Joseph have all been suspended by the school as well.
‘LIU Brooklyn has suspended indefinitely four members of its men’s basketball team for their involvement in a Sept. 14 altercation on campus,” said LIU Brooklyn director of athletics John Suarez in a statement. “No other student-athletes were implicated in this incident. Until all legal and appeals processes have been completed, we will not comment further on this matter.’”
LIU has made the NCAA tournament the last two seasons, but the loss of Boyd’s 17.4 ppg and 9.3 rpg, Olasewere’s 16.9 ppg and 7.5 rpg, and Garner’s 12.6 ppg, 3.3 apg (the team’s top three scorers) could put a dent in their plans to get back there once more in 2013.
Photo via Getty
- Clippers Internal Tension Was an Act
- 9 Epic Knock Out GIFs
- Michelle Jenneke Shows Us What She's Got
- Kate Upton's Hottest Shots Yet