- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Charlotte Shoots 11 FTs In Final 4.7 Seconds, Comes From Behind To Beat Richmond In A-10 Tournment
If you’ve ever wondered why teams don’t just foul when they’re up by three at the end of basketball games, you might want to hear what happened when the Richmond Spiders did it Thursday in the first round of the A-10 tournament. In one of the more bizarre final-seconds-come-from-behind-victories you will ever see, the UNC-Charlotte 49ers were awarded, get this, 11 free throws in the final 4.7 seconds of regulation. And no, supreme leader Kim Jong Un was not officiating this game (just some egomaniacal referees.) Here’s how it all went down:
(UC 60 UR 63) Charlotte inbounds the ball with 5.9s left, Richmond coach Chris Mooney elects to foul, to prevent them from tying the game with a three-pointer.
(UC 61 UR 63) Pierria Henry hits the front end of the 1-and-1, a skirmish under the basket gets Richmond forward Derrick Williams a technical foul.
(UC 64 UR 63) Pierria sinks the other end of the 1-and-1, then sinks the 2 free throws awarded from the technical foul on Williams.
(UC 64 UR 63) Charlotte is then awarded possession, inbounds the ball to Pierria Henry, Richmond fouls him immediately, Henry jacks up a three-pointer during the foul, gets awarded 3 shots. Richmond coach Chris Mooney looses it, gets two technicals, is ejected. Charlotte is award 4 additional shots.
(UC 68 UR 63) Now with 2.8 seconds left on the clock, Pierra Henry takes 7 freakin’ free throws and makes 4 of them.
Conclusion: In the last 5.9 seconds, Charlotte went 8 for 11 from the line, Richmond accrued 5 fouls (3 technicals and 1 ejection), and someone is named Pierria.
(Video Via NBCSports)
- Filed Under:
- Technical Fouls
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship