- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Girls High School Buzzer Beater Is Eerily Similar To Bryce Drew’s Legendary Shot In 1998 For Valparaiso
Middletown Mercy High won the Connecticut Class LL girls basketball state title over Milford Laurelton Hall High. They trailed by two, though, with just 3.8 seconds remaining, inbounding from under their own basket. It did not look good, but like we just told you, they won. This is how they won.
It was a 3-pointer, and these high school girls basketball fans got louder than most high school girls basketball fans.
Pretty cool, eh? But why was that such a big deal?
Incredibly, just days after that scenario played out in a boys basketball game where a near duplicate of the Grant Hill-to-Christian Laettner buzzer beater paved the way to an overtime win, a girls basketball game featured a near blow-by-blow remake of another famous moment: Bryce Drew’s 1998 buzzer beater for Valparaiso that knocked off Ole Miss.
Seriously, it was identical.
Oh yeah, and Valparaiso is back in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2004, as a 14-seed, playing Michigan State. And who’s their head coach? Bryce Drew. Michigan State should probably watch these videos.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- This Sexy Soccer Star Shows It Off In SI Swimsuit Issue
- Manny Pacquiao's Workout Secrets Caught on Film
- Best I've Faced: Antonio Tarver Gets Real