- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Did 'Jeopardy' Take A Shot At Barry Bonds?
- Holy Crap! Look At These Before-And-After Photos Of Maradona
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
This Girls High School Buzzer Beater Is Eerily Similar To Bryce Drew’s Legendary Shot In 1998 For Valparaiso
Middletown Mercy High won the Connecticut Class LL girls basketball state title over Milford Laurelton Hall High. They trailed by two, though, with just 3.8 seconds remaining, inbounding from under their own basket. It did not look good, but like we just told you, they won. This is how they won.
It was a 3-pointer, and these high school girls basketball fans got louder than most high school girls basketball fans.
Pretty cool, eh? But why was that such a big deal?
Incredibly, just days after that scenario played out in a boys basketball game where a near duplicate of the Grant Hill-to-Christian Laettner buzzer beater paved the way to an overtime win, a girls basketball game featured a near blow-by-blow remake of another famous moment: Bryce Drew’s 1998 buzzer beater for Valparaiso that knocked off Ole Miss.
Seriously, it was identical.
Oh yeah, and Valparaiso is back in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2004, as a 14-seed, playing Michigan State. And who’s their head coach? Bryce Drew. Michigan State should probably watch these videos.
- The Year Of Serena Williams
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- 5 NBA Players Falling From Glory
- Reconstructing Manny Pacquiao | RingTV