- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Here’s The Jump Ball That Cost Wichita State A Shot At The National Championship
After leading for most of the night, Wichita State lost all the momentum and eventually the game to an inspired Louisville team. Thanks to a great bench effort, the Cardinals stormed back behind a 21-8 run in the second half to regain control down the stretch.
It was far from wrapped up when Luke Hancock, the Cardinals’ unlikely hero, stepped to the line with 8.8 seconds to go. When he missed the second of two free throws, the Shockers still had a chance to force overtime. Then this happened:
Was it the correct call? It looks like it. Was the whistle a little fast? Yep. And was it a total letdown for this classic of a semifinal to end, essentially, on a jump ball? Absolutely.
In fact, let’s turn to Phil Jackson, recent addition to the Twitter-sphere, for the best reaction we’ve seen to the call:
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) April 7, 2013
Well said, Zen Master.
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?