- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Here’s The Jump Ball That Cost Wichita State A Shot At The National Championship
After leading for most of the night, Wichita State lost all the momentum and eventually the game to an inspired Louisville team. Thanks to a great bench effort, the Cardinals stormed back behind a 21-8 run in the second half to regain control down the stretch.
It was far from wrapped up when Luke Hancock, the Cardinals’ unlikely hero, stepped to the line with 8.8 seconds to go. When he missed the second of two free throws, the Shockers still had a chance to force overtime. Then this happened:
Was it the correct call? It looks like it. Was the whistle a little fast? Yep. And was it a total letdown for this classic of a semifinal to end, essentially, on a jump ball? Absolutely.
In fact, let’s turn to Phil Jackson, recent addition to the Twitter-sphere, for the best reaction we’ve seen to the call:
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) April 7, 2013
Well said, Zen Master.
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Denver Sweeps Kansas City at Arrowhead: Five Things We Learned
- AJ McCarron Is A Lucky Man
- Daddy Mayweather Bashing Current Boxers Lack of Manhood