- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- Insults From An Idiot: CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Roger Federer Could Miss The French Open Due To Paternity Leave
- How To Use 10 Different Machines Without Working Anything Other Than Your Biceps
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Here’s The Jump Ball That Cost Wichita State A Shot At The National Championship
After leading for most of the night, Wichita State lost all the momentum and eventually the game to an inspired Louisville team. Thanks to a great bench effort, the Cardinals stormed back behind a 21-8 run in the second half to regain control down the stretch.
It was far from wrapped up when Luke Hancock, the Cardinals’ unlikely hero, stepped to the line with 8.8 seconds to go. When he missed the second of two free throws, the Shockers still had a chance to force overtime. Then this happened:
Was it the correct call? It looks like it. Was the whistle a little fast? Yep. And was it a total letdown for this classic of a semifinal to end, essentially, on a jump ball? Absolutely.
In fact, let’s turn to Phil Jackson, recent addition to the Twitter-sphere, for the best reaction we’ve seen to the call:
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) April 7, 2013
Well said, Zen Master.
- Ultimate Warrior's Hall Of Fame Speech Among Most Iconic WWE Moments
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released