- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Here’s The Jump Ball That Cost Wichita State A Shot At The National Championship
After leading for most of the night, Wichita State lost all the momentum and eventually the game to an inspired Louisville team. Thanks to a great bench effort, the Cardinals stormed back behind a 21-8 run in the second half to regain control down the stretch.
It was far from wrapped up when Luke Hancock, the Cardinals’ unlikely hero, stepped to the line with 8.8 seconds to go. When he missed the second of two free throws, the Shockers still had a chance to force overtime. Then this happened:
Was it the correct call? It looks like it. Was the whistle a little fast? Yep. And was it a total letdown for this classic of a semifinal to end, essentially, on a jump ball? Absolutely.
In fact, let’s turn to Phil Jackson, recent addition to the Twitter-sphere, for the best reaction we’ve seen to the call:
— Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) April 7, 2013
Well said, Zen Master.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts