- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Indianapolis Star Front Page, Post-Title-Game: “Blue II”
Now this is how you do a dog pun. There was much talk leading up to, and in the wake of, last night’s national championship game between Butler and UConn about both teams being named after breeds of dog (UConn Huskies, Butler Bulldogs).
However, most of that talk centered around predictable puns, so people tired of it all rather quickly. The Indianapolis Star, though, found a way around all that, while still making a dog reference (specifically to Butler’s bulldog mascot, Blue II). Here’s how they did it:
Brilliant. Like Man Getting Hit By Football, it works on so many levels. You’ve got the Blue II reference, and Butler’s feeling blue for the second year in a row after the national title game…just outstanding. And then the picture of a dejected Matt Howard tying it all together (Howard shot 1-13)…well, at least a game that bad produced a front page this good. Well done, Star.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Tennis Babe Maria Sharapova Shows Off Her Personalized Porsche
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead