- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Indianapolis Star Front Page, Post-Title-Game: “Blue II”
Now this is how you do a dog pun. There was much talk leading up to, and in the wake of, last night’s national championship game between Butler and UConn about both teams being named after breeds of dog (UConn Huskies, Butler Bulldogs).
However, most of that talk centered around predictable puns, so people tired of it all rather quickly. The Indianapolis Star, though, found a way around all that, while still making a dog reference (specifically to Butler’s bulldog mascot, Blue II). Here’s how they did it:
Brilliant. Like Man Getting Hit By Football, it works on so many levels. You’ve got the Blue II reference, and Butler’s feeling blue for the second year in a row after the national title game…just outstanding. And then the picture of a dejected Matt Howard tying it all together (Howard shot 1-13)…well, at least a game that bad produced a front page this good. Well done, Star.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts