- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Indianapolis Star Front Page, Post-Title-Game: “Blue II”
Now this is how you do a dog pun. There was much talk leading up to, and in the wake of, last night’s national championship game between Butler and UConn about both teams being named after breeds of dog (UConn Huskies, Butler Bulldogs).
However, most of that talk centered around predictable puns, so people tired of it all rather quickly. The Indianapolis Star, though, found a way around all that, while still making a dog reference (specifically to Butler’s bulldog mascot, Blue II). Here’s how they did it:
Brilliant. Like Man Getting Hit By Football, it works on so many levels. You’ve got the Blue II reference, and Butler’s feeling blue for the second year in a row after the national title game…just outstanding. And then the picture of a dejected Matt Howard tying it all together (Howard shot 1-13)…well, at least a game that bad produced a front page this good. Well done, Star.
- Boxer Dies Protecting Daughter
- Will Roy Hibbert Realize His Potential
- Which Super Star Athlete is Kissing Carmen Electra?
- Bizarre Photos of a New WWE Wrestler