- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- The 'Eli Manning Dislikes' Twitter Meme Is A Glorious Thing
- The Yankees Genius Strategy For Success: Get As Old As Possible
- Video Evidence Charles Barkley Is The Best American In America
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Iowa State Lost A Heartbreaker To Kansas Last Night. Some Fans Cried, Another Got In Bill Self’s Face. Here Are Their Stories.
Iowa State led Kansas by five with 32 seconds to go last night. The Cyclones wound up losing by 12 in overtime, in part due to an awful missed foul call, an uncharacteristic missed free throw by Korie Lucious and Elijah Johnson temporarily becoming the opposite of Elijah Johnson.
Iowa State was 32 seconds away from a MASSIVE UPSET (at home, as one-point underdogs). And Johnson threw down a dunk when he could’ve ran the clock out at the end of overtime. He even admitted it was unsportsmanlike after the game.
Iowa State fans didn’t seem to enjoy the game. Here are their stories.
I’m not sure which instance of “bullshit” that was referring to, but there was some questionable officiating, and on both sides.
One fan reportedly confronted Kansas coach Bill Self. There was a rumor that he swung at Self, but it doesn’t appear true.
“To clarify, the ISU fan was up close yelling at Self, who just kept walking as the cop pulled the fan away.”
@jessenewell (Lawrence Journal-World)
“Self was walking out after TV interview. That fan charged at him, got shoulder-to-shoulder. Policeman pushed him back.”
We at SportsGrid do not support either team, but we do support
expertly photoshopping “KU Mad Bro” onto pictures of embarrassing fans to further their embarrassment.
Some fans were equally upset, but handled things with more class (because it’s easy to be classier than a guy who gets in the opposing coach’s face).
Go to a game, expect an unwarranted court rush or at least a crazy postgame party or couch-burning or something fun, get Stuart Scott pitying you on SportsCenter. What a shame.
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Head Injuries Are Part of Boxing But So Is Skill, Defense
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision