- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Is This John Calipari’s Last Game At Kentucky, No Matter What The Outcome?
Connecticut and Kentucky are battling for the national championship as we speak (meaning: as I type), in a battle of two “Cinderellas” that are hardly Cinderellas. Even if you’re disappointed that Kentucky didn’t go 40-0, however, you have to be impressed with the job John Calipari has done molding his young team into a contender. This is what he does, of course: Take a bunch of young, talented, probably one-and-doners and make them champions.
According to Rex Chapman, this will be Calipari’s last year doing that (for now):
— Rex Chapman (@rexchapman) April 7, 2014
Well, with hashtags like #DoneDeal and #NoBS, he has to be serious! Except the Lakers are denying it (as they should, with a coach still under contract and the season still ongoing):
Lakers are refuting Calipari to Lakers story put out by Rex Chapman before NCAA tip: GM Mitch Kupchak says "rumor is untrue"
— Chris Dufresne (@DufresneLATimes) April 8, 2014
No idea where Chapman gets his intel from, but the move makes sense on paper: Calipari has nothing left to prove at Kentucky regardless of whether he wins a second title, and the Lakers will almost certainly look for a new coach after this season (bye, Mike D’Antoni). Cal’s first stint in the NBA didn’t go so well (a 72-112 record with the Nets), but that likely fuels his desire to get it right the second time.
So enjoy this game, Kentucky fans and haters alike. This could be the last chance you get to love/hate Calipari’s recruiting philosophy and coaching style for awhile.
Photo via Wikipedia
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs