- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Spring Training Talk: Jose Abreu Is Hot, Cole Hamels Is Not
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
It’s Late In The 2nd Half, And Southern University Leads Champion Baptist, 100-10 (With Update)
These are real universities playing real men’s basketball: Southern is a Div I school in the Southwest Athletic Conference, and they’re 3-9 overall. Champion Baptist is a sub-Division III school from Hot Springs, AR, with an enrollment of 250. The score at halftime of tonight’s game, in Baton Rouge, was 57-6. Southern led at one point, 44-0 (the previous NCAA record for most unanswered points to start a game was 34). Southern now leads 100-10 with about six minutes remaining. Check out the box score here.
Update: We have a final:
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) December 31, 2013
For some reason, in the midst of a 41-0 run, Southern called timeout. Roman Banks still coaching ‘em up.
— Ken Pomeroy (@kenpomeroy) December 31, 2013
Correction: Southern leads Champion Baptist 57-6 at halftime. pic.twitter.com/Dl6tkJu98d
— HBCU Gameday (@HBCUGameday) December 31, 2013
Southern University scored 1st 44 points of tonight's game against Champion Baptist, win game 116-12. SERIOUSLY! » http://t.co/qjryzbd4Vd
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 31, 2013
Southern U won by 104 points. That's a blowout….. In Quidditch.
— Reid Fulkerson (@ReidFulkerson) December 31, 2013
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?