- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Lansing State Journal Definitely Did Not Mean To Publish This “Jabari Parker Picks Michigan State” Story Just Yet
In a short while, elite small forward Jabari Parker of Simeon Career Academy in Chicago will announce his college choice. Parker’s one of the most highly-touted prospects in this coming year’s class, and considering he’s already been on a Sports Illustrated cover, he’s one of the most-hyped high schoolers in years. His commitment will be an immediate boon to whichever program lands him, and Michigan State is among the finalists. So imagine the excitement for Spartans fans upon seeing this story on the Lansing State Journal’s website:
And wow! What a scoop! Parker’s decision, before he even announces it! And Michigan State when the wind seemed to be blowing Duke’s way…whoa. How’d they get this so-wait. What was that again?
Parker…announced his verbal commitment to MSU today in his high school gymnasium, with ESPNU on hand to televise.
But… that hasn’t even happened yet… does the Lansing State Journal/Detroit Free Press (the article was written by the Freep’s Joe Rexrode) staff consist of TIME-TRAVELING ALIENS FROM THE FUTURE??? I don’t see any other way. Well, unless they had the article pre-written to post immediately just in case Parker did choose MSU, someone accidentally hit the publish button too early, and the paper later took the story down when it realized its mistake. Sure, the latter might seem like the more plausible option.
… until you look at this EXCLUSIVE PHOTO of the Freep newsroom:
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship