- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The Lansing State Journal Definitely Did Not Mean To Publish This “Jabari Parker Picks Michigan State” Story Just Yet
In a short while, elite small forward Jabari Parker of Simeon Career Academy in Chicago will announce his college choice. Parker’s one of the most highly-touted prospects in this coming year’s class, and considering he’s already been on a Sports Illustrated cover, he’s one of the most-hyped high schoolers in years. His commitment will be an immediate boon to whichever program lands him, and Michigan State is among the finalists. So imagine the excitement for Spartans fans upon seeing this story on the Lansing State Journal’s website:
And wow! What a scoop! Parker’s decision, before he even announces it! And Michigan State when the wind seemed to be blowing Duke’s way…whoa. How’d they get this so-wait. What was that again?
Parker…announced his verbal commitment to MSU today in his high school gymnasium, with ESPNU on hand to televise.
But… that hasn’t even happened yet… does the Lansing State Journal/Detroit Free Press (the article was written by the Freep’s Joe Rexrode) staff consist of TIME-TRAVELING ALIENS FROM THE FUTURE??? I don’t see any other way. Well, unless they had the article pre-written to post immediately just in case Parker did choose MSU, someone accidentally hit the publish button too early, and the paper later took the story down when it realized its mistake. Sure, the latter might seem like the more plausible option.
… until you look at this EXCLUSIVE PHOTO of the Freep newsroom:
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- Reconstructing Manny Pacquiao | RingTV