- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 9 RB Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Reggie Miller Calls ESPN Story On Kobe Bryant A 'Coward's Approach To Journalism'
- Russia Unveiled Its 2018 World Cup Logo From A Space Station
- Dick's Sporting Goods TV Commercial Names Royals World Series Champion
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Viral Video Star Jacob Tucker Wins College Slam Dunk Contest
About a month ago Jacob Tucker, a 5-11 (or possibly 5-10) basketball player at Division III Illinois College, exploded onto the viral video scene by releasing a compilation of some of his finest dunks. “Short white man pulling off crazy dunk moves” is an almost guaranteed success from a “getting eyeballs” standpoint, but Tucker wanted more: to get into the NCAA’s slam dunk contest.
Well, it worked, the contest was held last night, and pretty much inevitably, Tucker won. But it wasn’t just the novelty factor that led him to victory – Tucker’s supposedly-50-inch vertical leap (seriously, 50) had a lot to do with it, too. He put together three impressive dunks, and while the dunks weren’t anything we haven’t seen before, the fact that someone under six feet tall was pulling them off – and not making it took very difficult – was remarkable.
Video of Tucker’s dunks below. They come with Karl Malone’s full approval, apparently.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts