- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Viral Video Star Jacob Tucker Wins College Slam Dunk Contest
About a month ago Jacob Tucker, a 5-11 (or possibly 5-10) basketball player at Division III Illinois College, exploded onto the viral video scene by releasing a compilation of some of his finest dunks. “Short white man pulling off crazy dunk moves” is an almost guaranteed success from a “getting eyeballs” standpoint, but Tucker wanted more: to get into the NCAA’s slam dunk contest.
Well, it worked, the contest was held last night, and pretty much inevitably, Tucker won. But it wasn’t just the novelty factor that led him to victory – Tucker’s supposedly-50-inch vertical leap (seriously, 50) had a lot to do with it, too. He put together three impressive dunks, and while the dunks weren’t anything we haven’t seen before, the fact that someone under six feet tall was pulling them off – and not making it took very difficult – was remarkable.
Video of Tucker’s dunks below. They come with Karl Malone’s full approval, apparently.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story