- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Jay Bilas Refuses To Eat Crow Over VCU: Their Resume “Wasn’t Quite As Good” As Some Teams
That much was clear when he appeared on Pardon the Interruption this afternoon, and maintained that VCU’s run in the NCAA tournament, although “staggering,” doesn’t make his original argument (that they shouldn’t be there in the first place) wrong.
“The truth is, VCU’s resume wasn’t quite as good as some of the teams that got left out,” Bilas said. “Now, reasonable minds can differ, but I don’t think that if [Selection Sunday] were held again the argument would change at all.”
To be fair to Bilas, he also praised the Rams, saying that they’ve played “extraordinarily well” in this tournament. And he was far from the only media personality to say they shouldn’t have gotten in.
But still. Although his “they still wouldn’t make it” argument would hold up impeccably in a court of law, it may rile up some VCU fans that still feel disrespected.
Here’s part of his segment on PTI, courtesy of ESPN:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts