- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Jay Bilas Refuses To Eat Crow Over VCU: Their Resume “Wasn’t Quite As Good” As Some Teams
That much was clear when he appeared on Pardon the Interruption this afternoon, and maintained that VCU’s run in the NCAA tournament, although “staggering,” doesn’t make his original argument (that they shouldn’t be there in the first place) wrong.
“The truth is, VCU’s resume wasn’t quite as good as some of the teams that got left out,” Bilas said. “Now, reasonable minds can differ, but I don’t think that if [Selection Sunday] were held again the argument would change at all.”
To be fair to Bilas, he also praised the Rams, saying that they’ve played “extraordinarily well” in this tournament. And he was far from the only media personality to say they shouldn’t have gotten in.
But still. Although his “they still wouldn’t make it” argument would hold up impeccably in a court of law, it may rile up some VCU fans that still feel disrespected.
Here’s part of his segment on PTI, courtesy of ESPN:
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- Draft Fail: The 10 Most Disappointing NBA Players
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts