- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Jim Boeheim Hates Andy Katz Because Once Upon A Time Andy Katz Wouldn’t Stop Badgering Him About Bernie Fine
The internet wants to know why. Why Jim Boeheim lashed out at dick-bulging Andy Katz, why Boeheim was all of a sudden so razzled. It was rather confounding, the whiplash outburst. No rhyme, no reason. Just a guy being angry at another guy and a room full of people feeling uncomfortable.
Andy Katz wouldn’t let on a reason, but did acknowledge the friction (via Syracuse Post-Standard):
“‘I’ve not seen Jim since that Florida game,’ Katz said. ‘I’ve made multiple attempts to get him on various shows. I called him when Notre Dame announced they were leaving the Big East because he’s Mr. Big East and he hung up on me.
‘He said ‘Andy, you know I’m not talking to you’ and hung up.”
But now it appears that there’s an answer, because Boeheim has broken his silence:
“‘It’s really simple,’ he explained. ‘I went to New York last year to play in the (NIT Pre-Season Tip-Off) Tournament in November and he (Katz) asked if he could interview me about the tournament. And I said, ‘Yeah, but I can’t talk about the (Bernie Fine) investigation.”
‘We got in the room and he put me on camera — there were several witnesses there — and he asked me what I’d told him I couldn’t answer. I kept telling him, ‘I can’t answer that.’ And he asked me, like, 10 times on camera. He never took the camera off me.
‘Two or three people in the room were so disgusted they walked out of the room. The producer came over and apologized afterward. And I told Katz right then and there, ‘Don’t talk to me. Do not try to talk to me again.’
‘That’s what this is about. It’s about one thing: An interview that was supposed to be about a tournament we were playing in, and not about the (Bernie Fine) case. And he kept asking me about the case over and over and over again. He kept the camera on me, trying to get me to react … and I just didn’t.’”
Katz has apparently called Boeheim multiple times to presumably feign apology/get back in his good graces, but ole Jim is having none of it. And he’s not apologizing either, though he wishes “idiot” hadn’t slipped out. “Disloyal,” well, that’s still fair game. Because Jim Boeheim is a real people person.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts