- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Jim Boeheim Spoke Out About Gun Control After His 900th Win (Video)
In the wake of the Sandy Hook school massacre, there have been loud and numerous calls for tighter gun control laws in the U.S. Last night, Jim Boeheim joined the chorus, making some pointed comments after he became the third Division I men’s coach to reach 900 wins.
Boeheim, who himself is a hunter, questioned why there are weapons — such as the semi-automatic used by Adam Lanza to kill 20 small children and 6 adults — made available to the public.
“If we cannot get the people who represent us to do something about firearms, we are a sad, sad society,” Boeheim said. “If one person in this world, the NRA president, anybody, can tell me why we need assault weapons with 30 shots – this is our fault if we don’t go out there and do something about this. If we can’t get this thing done, I don’t know what kind of country we have.”
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen