- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- The 86th Annual SportsGrid NFL Free Agency Awards
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- The Iron Man Is An Author Again
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jim Boeheim Spoke Out About Gun Control After His 900th Win (Video)
In the wake of the Sandy Hook school massacre, there have been loud and numerous calls for tighter gun control laws in the U.S. Last night, Jim Boeheim joined the chorus, making some pointed comments after he became the third Division I men’s coach to reach 900 wins.
Boeheim, who himself is a hunter, questioned why there are weapons — such as the semi-automatic used by Adam Lanza to kill 20 small children and 6 adults — made available to the public.
“If we cannot get the people who represent us to do something about firearms, we are a sad, sad society,” Boeheim said. “If one person in this world, the NRA president, anybody, can tell me why we need assault weapons with 30 shots – this is our fault if we don’t go out there and do something about this. If we can’t get this thing done, I don’t know what kind of country we have.”
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success