- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Mormons Can’t Jump? Kevin Blackistone Thinks Jimmer Fredette’s SI Cover Was “Photoshopped”
Earlier, we told you about BYU star Jimmer Fredette‘s appearance on the cover of this week’s Sports Illustrated, and noted that the ups he displayed made him look superhuman. Well, Kevin Blackistone thinks Fredette’s leaping ability may have been a bit exaggerated.
During PTI’s “fill in the blank” segment today, Blackistone, who was filling in for Mike Wilbon, said that he thinks Jimmer’s SI cover was “photoshopped.” Truth be told, Blackistone sounded like he was half-joking, and his criticism sounded more like it was aimed at the media’s love affair with Jimmer than the SI cover itself.
“We know he is a fantastic scorer,” Blackistone said. “We know he is open as soon as he walks in the gym and will shoot it from anywhere. Now I’m led to believe that he is going to get in the NBA, and not only win the three-point shooting contest, but the dunk contest now? Stop it.”
Watch video of the segment here, courtesy of ESPN.
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports