- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Know Your NCAA Tourney Mid-Majors: The North Dakota State Bison
For the next week until tipoff, we’ll be taking a look at all the mid-major teams to make the men’s NCAA Basketball Tournament. Here, now, is North Dakota State.
North Dakota — it’s not just for people who live in North Dakota anymore. You’ve seen “Fargo,” right? That’s where this school is! And there’s a lot more to enjoy about this fine state than just the vaguely Canadian-sounding people. Take, for example, this basketball team, the winners of the Summit League. They squeezed past Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne Mastodons in the conference title game to secure their NCAA tourney bid.
Taylor Braun is their dude. He’s a senior and he puts up over 18 points a game now. Stop him, and you’re in the clear.
Want to know more?
NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY BISON:
Record: 25-6 (12-2).
Conference: Summit League.
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Last NCAA Tourney appearance: 2009.
these 3 bruhs on the court for North Dakota State GOTTA be the only 3 bruhs in the whole state of North Dakota
— Cuffs The Legend (@CuffsTheLegend) March 12, 2014
Best police blotter item: Well, I found out that in North Dakota you can be thrown in jail for wearing a hat while dancing, or even wearing a hat while other people are dancing nearby.
Notable alumni: Some former and current NFL players, Neil Wagner of the San Diego Padres, and Miss North Dakota 2006.
Strengths: Offense, veteran leadership.
Weaknesses: From North Dakota.
Did you know?: Bison are North America’s largest land animals.
Can you count on them for an upset?: They’re being touted as a trendy upset pick thanks to their veteran players and “legit” offense. Plus, 12 seeds seem to upset 5 seeds all the time, so if they do get that slot, look out.
Photo via Getty
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?