- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
La Salle Advanced To The Sweet 16 On The Ol’ “Southwest Philly Floater”
Rejoice, La Salle fans: your team’s the other big Cinderella of the NCAA Tournament, beating Ole Miss 76-74 tonight to advance to the Sweet 16. Rejoice, rest of America: Marshall Henderson’s time in the limelight (for now) is no more. And the Explorers did it in thrilling fashion, with Tyrone Garland hitting a shot down low off the glass with 2.5 seconds left for the game’s final points. Here’s how it looked:
As soon as the clock hit all zeroes, Garland’s shot was a guarantee to go down in La Salle lore, whether he gave it a catchy nickname or not. But when he was asked about the shot… well, just check out the 28-second mark below (h/t Crossing Broad):
Southwest Philly Floater. That one’ll stick, I think.
- Filed Under:
- NCAA Tournament 2013
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'