- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Jacob deGrom Ties MLB Record With 8 Straight Ks To Open Game
- Are We Hesitant To Suspend NFL Players Because Of Fantasy Football?
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Too Much Spunk: Louisville Cheerleader Throws Ball, Almost Costs His Team The Game
A male cheerleader for Louisville threw a ball after a key basket in the final moments of the Cardinals’ 62-59 overtime win against Pitt, resulting in a technical foul that almost cost his team the game.
With 0.5 seconds left, a Kyle Kuric dunk gave Louisville a 62-57 lead. But then, the unidentified cheerleader, who will almost certainly be identified by the end of the day, came onto the court and threw the ball into the air. This resulted in a technical foul, which meant two free throws and the ball for Pitt.
Ashton Gibbs hit the free throws, and the lead was cut to three, and the cheerleader, God bless him, probably wanted to sink into a hole and die. Luckily for him, Gibbs missed a three at the buzzer, and the cheerleader was saved from being the peppiest goat of all time.
Watch video of the ball throw (and technical foul) here, courtesy of 30fps.
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship