- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 9 RB Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Reggie Miller Calls ESPN Story On Kobe Bryant A 'Coward's Approach To Journalism'
- Russia Unveiled Its 2018 World Cup Logo From A Space Station
- Dick's Sporting Goods TV Commercial Names Royals World Series Champion
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Luke Hancock Named Final Four MOP As Louisville Caps Off This Year’s “One Shining Moment”
If you thought a heavily bearded George Mason transfer who had to sit out last year and comes off the bench would post 42 points over two games — including a stretch of 14 straight to bring the Cardinals back from the brink in the championship — and win the Most Outstanding Player award, get over here and collect your prize (it’s the same as the winner of our Tournament Challenge). Luke Hancock shot out of his mind, including 5-5 from three, to help Louisville outgun Michigan 82-76 last night.
Louisville was this year’s overall number one seed, but despite being the favorite they faced a ton of well-documented adversity, including an Elite Eight matchup with Duke, a serious challenge from surprising upstart Wichita State in the Final Four, and of course the devastating injury to Kevin Ware. Yet the Cards made a habit of taking their opponent’s best shot and responding with a run of their own. Last night was no exception, led by the unconscious shooting of Hancock, the tenacious defense and court vision of Peyton Siva and the passionate presence of Ware. Not even Russ Smith’s rough night from the field could sink them.
With another tournament, sadly, in the books, we must say goodbye to college basketball until the fall. And what will see us through that dark time? What can possibly sum up the excitement of the last few weeks — to say nothing of the months leading up to it (though we know nobody cares about the regular season anymore)?
Why, “One Shining Moment,” of course! Enjoy (via Business Insider):
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts