- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Forget Everything Else, This Was The Best Buzzer-Beater In College Hoops Last Night
It was a buzzer-beater-heavy night in college basketball. You had Illinois stunning Indiana. You had UCLA edging Washington, and Shabazz Muhammad not looking terribly thrilled about the whole thing. But you also had a couple lesser-known schools going at it: Marist and Iona. The Red Foxes scored an upset victory in a 105-104, double-OT thriller, but the most amazing thing was that this game even reached double overtime to begin with. Marist trailed 94-91 with 2.6 seconds left in the extra period, and inbounded the ball from the opposite end of the court. 2.6 seconds from the opponent’s side of the court isn’t enough time to do… just about anything. But it was enough for this:
During the football season, MACtion was all the rage. Now? It’s MAACtion time, y’all.
- Filed Under:
- Buzzer Beaters
- Ian Kinsler, Brian McCann Offseason Moves Could Have World Series Implications
- Manu Ginobili's Shoe Exploded During a Game
- Pistons Fans Start Petition For Rasheed Wallace To Coach
- Is LeBron Set To Stay In Miami?