- SportsGrid's Week 16 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Painful
- NFL Logos Transformed Into Soccer Badges (Round 2)
- The 50 Greatest Sports Moments Of 2013 (VIDEO MONTAGE)
- New Mike Zaun Francesa Parody: WWII
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Forget Everything Else, This Was The Best Buzzer-Beater In College Hoops Last Night
It was a buzzer-beater-heavy night in college basketball. You had Illinois stunning Indiana. You had UCLA edging Washington, and Shabazz Muhammad not looking terribly thrilled about the whole thing. But you also had a couple lesser-known schools going at it: Marist and Iona. The Red Foxes scored an upset victory in a 105-104, double-OT thriller, but the most amazing thing was that this game even reached double overtime to begin with. Marist trailed 94-91 with 2.6 seconds left in the extra period, and inbounded the ball from the opposite end of the court. 2.6 seconds from the opponent’s side of the court isn’t enough time to do… just about anything. But it was enough for this:
During the football season, MACtion was all the rage. Now? It’s MAACtion time, y’all.
- Filed Under:
- Buzzer Beaters
- Jon Gruden Open to Texas Job?
- Floyd Mayweather Not Convinced That Pacquiao Is Ready
- Nick Saban's New Contract Are on an NFL Level
- Richard Schaefer Eyes Bernard Hopkins-Beibut Shumenov 'Immediately'