- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
If You Hate Marshall Henderson, Blame AAU Basketball, J.R. Smith, And JaVale McGee
If you’re not an Ole Miss fan, there’s a good chance you hate the team’s streaky-shooting star player, Marshall Henderson. Henderson, in the wake of leading the Rebels to an SEC Tournament title, became a bit of an internet sensation thanks to his scoring, on-court persona, and Twitter account, in which he comes off more or less as “that cocky guy you couldn’t stand in high school.” Even the non-sports blogosphere took notice.
And now that Ole Miss is not only in the NCAAs, but upset Wisconsin 57-46 today, you can bet you’ll hear even more about Henderson, whose performance today mirrored public opinion of him: no middle ground. He started horribly, shooting 1 for his first 13… but then heated up, going 5-for-8 the rest of the way and burying the Badgers with 11 points in the last 5:13, finishing with 19 for the game. Did he make people angry? Oh, you bet he made people angry:
Fuck Marshall Henderson and fuck ole miss for ruining my bracket
— Cody Wiemer (@ASAP____JONEZ) March 22, 2013
Also, Marshall Henderson needs to go play in traffic. What a fuck.
— Alex Adler (@alexadler13) March 22, 2013
Fuck March Madness, fuck Marshall Henderson, I hate basketball.
— Lance Hawn-Schmitt (@Lance_HS) March 22, 2013
Fuck marshall Henderson #pussy
— Chris Knight (@chrisknight14) March 22, 2013
FUCK MARSHALL HENDERSON
— Justin Gunderson (@gundybears09) March 22, 2013
So, yeah, he gets people riled up. But where did he learn to do what he does that creates such anger? Well, Henderson actually provided a bit of insight on that front recently. Here’s what he said:
You leave JaVale OUT OF THIS, you hear me?!
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time