- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Carmelo Anthony Would Be, Hands Down, The Worst NFL Quarterback Ever
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Meet Adria: Youngest Gasol Brother, Redditor
Yes, in addition to Pau and Marc, there is a third Gasol brother, and he is on Reddit.
His name is Adria and he turned up in a thread on Reddit about the Gasol brothers, prompted to join the conversation after his name was brought up in conjunction with his two older, more athletic brothers. To Adria’s credit, he’s currently walking-on at UCLA right now, so he much have some athletic ability, though when you’re brothers are on Spain’s Olympic team while you can’t even get a scholarship to an American university, you are an easy target for trolls.
And as any of us might, especially at the ripe young age of 18, Adria joined the conversation to defend himself against those trolls, posting the following:
I’ve been a walk-on since August. I started playing seriously when I was 14, and I’ve been busting my ass to become the best. Idk who told you I’m not very good, but it’s true I have a lot to develop still. Mostly, I have to get more athletic, but it’s pretty hard to do when my body is still in the process of growing. It sucks, and I probably won’t get any playing time this year, but I’ll still fight and work to become the best I can be. I got offers from several schools, but I chose to come to UCLA for several reasons. Also, I’m 6’11 now, I was 6’10 when I got here.
To his credit, that’s a pretty well-mannered response. Not even one homophobic/racist insult hurled. And in case there is any doubt that this actual is Adria Gasol, he tweeted his Reddit account to confirm.
I don’t know about you all, but the existence of third, seemingly-normal Gasol brother makes me wonder if there is a third, normal Van Gundy brother that’s been kept under wraps all these years. The parallels between the elder Gasols and the Van Gundys are already creepy as-is. The oldest of the two sets of brothers, Pau and Jeff, are arguably the most successful, more fit, and more awkward-looking, while Marc and Stan are talented in their own right, while also fat. Is there a third, less-talented, but more traditionally-handsome Van Gundy brother to pair with Adria Gasol? Where has he been all these years?
We’ll continue to track this story as it develops.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts