- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Just In: Being No. 1 Sucks, Minnesota Upsets Indiana
Filling out your bracket this March is going to be an absolute bitch, and it’s not about to get any easier. Indiana, who has held the country’s top ranking for 10 of 17 weeks this season, was the current No. 1 when it lost to Minnesota Tuesday night, 77-73.
Indiana, now 24-4 and 12-3 in the Big Ten and by all accounts one of the strongest teams in the country, was defeated on the road by Minnesota, just 19-9 and 7-8 in the conference, a bubble team by everyone’s standards. The Cody Zeller-led Hoosiers were outrebounded by the Gophers by a notable 44-30 margin. The led 34-30 at halftime, but were outscored by eight in the second half. Minnesota was led by forward Trevor Mbawke, who scored 21 points and grabbed 13 rebounds.
It was the seventh time the No. 1 ranked team lost this season and the safe money says it certainly won’t be the last. Good luck in your office bracket pool. You are going to do horribly.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story