- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
This Just In: Being No. 1 Sucks, Minnesota Upsets Indiana
Filling out your bracket this March is going to be an absolute bitch, and it’s not about to get any easier. Indiana, who has held the country’s top ranking for 10 of 17 weeks this season, was the current No. 1 when it lost to Minnesota Tuesday night, 77-73.
Indiana, now 24-4 and 12-3 in the Big Ten and by all accounts one of the strongest teams in the country, was defeated on the road by Minnesota, just 19-9 and 7-8 in the conference, a bubble team by everyone’s standards. The Cody Zeller-led Hoosiers were outrebounded by the Gophers by a notable 44-30 margin. The led 34-30 at halftime, but were outscored by eight in the second half. Minnesota was led by forward Trevor Mbawke, who scored 21 points and grabbed 13 rebounds.
It was the seventh time the No. 1 ranked team lost this season and the safe money says it certainly won’t be the last. Good luck in your office bracket pool. You are going to do horribly.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Compilation of TKO's, Injuries and Submissions of MMA
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee