- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
NBA Dunkers Could Learn Something From Doug Anderson’s Ridiculously Awesome Showing At The College Dunk Contest
University of Detroit’s Doug Anderson raised the bar for how to win a dunk contest on any level last night, when he threw down four dunks that received four perfect scores. Not only that, but he only needed one attempt to complete his contest winner — a between the legs 360 that he finished with his right hand on the left side of the hoop. Hear that, almost every contestant in the NBA dunk contest over the last few years? One. Attempt. Perfect. Scores.
Here’s that magnificent winner, which pretty much leveled the crowd at the Georgia Dome, as well as Twitter:
Where does this performance rank among the all-time great dunk contests? Let’s poll the experts:
It’s possible Doug Anderson’s dunk last night was the best dunk I’ve ever seen in a dunk contest is.gd/RJIfVG
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) April 5, 2013
This guy may be the best overall dunker I’ve seen in college hoops since I’ve covered the sport. Seriously — cbssports.com/collegebasketb…
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) April 5, 2013
Doug Anderson just won all dunk contests of the past five years #wow
— Jake Ciely (@allinkid) April 5, 2013
Please take note, Nate Robinson, and James White, and every other dunking disappointment over the years. You can do better — this guy proves it.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts