- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Prized Kentucky Freshman Nearly Breaks Back On Botched Dunk In Pickup Game (Video)
This is why John Calipari doesn’t want you playing pickup basketball, Nerlens Noel. Because when you go up for two-handed dunks, lose your balance, and hit the deck on the hard concrete, Kentucky’s title hopes briefly hit the deck with you.
Noel fell during a pickup game with some little kids — he was playing with them as a thank-you to the Wildcats fans who camped out for tickets to “Big Blue Madness.” “Big Blue Madness” is a month away, mind you, and is an event that takes place on the eve of the first day of practice. So yes, the Kentucky kids love their basketball.
Luckily, Noel wasn’t hurt. Neither was the little kid that he landed on, although, as The Dagger’s Jeff Eisenberg notes, it’s entirely likely that no one present noticed the small human wedged underneath their prized freshman until after it was apparent he was okay. Video, here.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story