- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
One-Armed Basketball Player Passes On Kentucky, Commits To Florida As Walk-On
Back in August we wrote about Zach Hodskins, who was offered a walk-on spot with the Florida Gators basketball team, but was still studying his options. Not that remarkable, until you realize that Hodskins only has one arm.
Now 17 and a senior at Alpharetta, GA, Hodskins, committed to Florida today, accepting a preferred walk-on spot with the Gators. (A preferred walk-on has a saved spot on the roster when practice opens, but no scholarship. A regular walk-on has to try out to make it). He had also considered Kentucky, which had been in contact with him, but thought that the Gators and Billy Donovan would give him the best chance to play.
Hodskins was born without the lower half of his left arm.
“At Florida, I’m going to have every opportunity to get on the floor and play,” he said. “The situation was different at Kentucky.”
The 6-foot-4, 200-pound Hodskins, who’s coming off a strong summer on the AAU circuit, is looking to be more than a feel-good story for Billy Donovan and the Gators.
“I’m coming on as a preferred walk-on, but I’ll be treated like every other player,” Hodskins said. “If I work hard, Coach Donovan told me I’ll have a chance to play.”
— Zach Hodskins (@Z_B0) October 20, 2013
So excited about this video , can yall help me spread it! Zach Hodskins' Story http://t.co/Q0rRftm9oZ
— Zach Hodskins (@Z_B0) June 8, 2013
— Nate Jones (@JonesOnTheNBA) December 21, 2012
- Filed Under:
- Zach Hodskins
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- Tennis Babe Maria Sharapova Shows Off Her Personalized Porsche
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs