- Falcons Fans Bro Out, Nearly Ruin Emotional Moment Between Deion Sanders And Devin Hester
- Andy Murray Plays Both Sides Of The Net On Scotland Question
- Peyton Manning Says That Colorado's New Weed Laws Have Been Good For His Pizza Business
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Pauley Pavilion, Much Of UCLA Campus, Underwater Right Now
Pauley Pavilion was renovated in 2012 to the tune of $136 million — amond the improvements new locker rooms, a new floor and concession stands. Now most of that is underwater, after a 30-inch water main ruptured and flooded a large portion of the campus.
— Elsa Ramon (@ElsaRamon) July 30, 2014
The 30-inch water main ruptured just before 4 p.m. in the 10600 block of West Sunset Boulevard and blew open a 15-foot sinkhole, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
UPDATE: According to NBC4 Los Angeles, 13.4 million gallons of water have flooded the area, and counting. Homes in the Westwood area are without water right now.
Who's up for some pickup at Pauley Pavilion? pic.twitter.com/Og2lFIBcpa Oh.
— LostLettermen.com (@LostLettermen) July 30, 2014
John Wooden's statue, in the midst of the flooding. pic.twitter.com/xNI6bYfiuk
— Ryan Kartje (@Ryan_Kartje) July 30, 2014
Crazy. Water is flooding down the steps outside Pauley Pavilion into UCLA's parking lot 7. pic.twitter.com/2IPrvpxoI6
— Jack Wang (@thejackwang) July 29, 2014
— Bruin Country™ (@UCLA_Nation) July 30, 2014
Hope there are enough lifeboats for everyone.
— Jon Passantino (@passantino) July 29, 2014
— Sam Hoff (@samhoff3) July 30, 2014
Eric Garcetti is mayor of Los Angeles:
*Correction* pipe from 1921 not 1912
— Eric Garcetti (@ericgarcetti) July 30, 2014
Oh, well then it’s practically brand new.
The flood comes during a statewide ban on public water waste as earlier this month California officials approved fines of up to $500 a day for violators.
— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) July 30, 2014
In order to turn the water off, they’ll need to gradually reduce the pressure of the water main. The plan is for it to be fully shut by 8 p.m. local time, per ABC7 in Los Angeles.
UPDATE: The water flow from the main has been turned off. Luckily no one was injured.
Update: Water flow from broken main in Westwood turned off, clean-up to continue all night, per DWP. http://t.co/ukmfxOI3um
— KTLA (@KTLA) July 30, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Pauley Pavilion
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever